Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Gingerbread Man!

Aidan and his creation

We didn't do the sides because we were already a sticky mess.

Front view




Today we had our first attempt at a gingerbread house. Aidan has been dying to make one, so I bought one of those pre-made kits from Target. Let me tell you, those things make it look easier than it really is.

First of all, the frosting is REALLY thick and even though I thought I cut the bag to the specification provided in the instructions, it still quickly became a unmovable glob.

I just kept repeating to Aidan, "this is NOT going to be perfect nor look like the picture, but we are having fun and that is the point." Thankfully he didn't argue. :) He did however want the candy to be just like the picture. Nothing has changed. He's been like this since he developed a personality. He will sit there for hours if it means getting it "just right". You could call him "determined". :)

We did have fun and by the end our hands were covered in dried frosting with sugar up underneath our fingernails and a white mess all over the table, but we had fun. Mission accomplished.

No comments:


So thoughtful

Look at my big hands :)

How cute are we??

Showing the love on Mother's Day

There's that camera again...

Just chillin'

Me and Mommy on Mother's Day

Mommy and me

Michelle visiting me

Big brother Aidan sure loves me

Why do you always have that camera in my face?