Elly and her Grandma Gwen
Elly, Momma, and Michelle enjoying the lunch
Aidan, the double-fisted drinker.
Aidan and our friends' son, Rylan. I think they like their hot dogs. :)
Aidan and Rylan having a blastOh, my goodness. My daughter is officially one year old. Where has the time gone?
Elly turned one on Wednesday, May 6th. The day was beautiful, unfortunately we didn't do much celebrating as I had to work all day. Her party was held on Saturday, May 9th. The weather leading up to the party was absolutely gorgeous. I watched the weather forecasts with bated breath because I just knew having planned to hold the party outside would probably cause chaos to strike.
I was right.
Saturday, the weather shifted. The winds picked up and the clouds rolled in. I woke up Friday night to the sound of lightning. Oh, dear. I held on the the weatherman's promise of "clearing skies by the afternoon".
The party was held at Palatine Hills Park and Golf Course. It is a beautiful park with a big shelter right by a nice pond and directly over a small hill is a nice playground for the kids to play, with basketball and tennis courts. We invited our immediate families and closest friends. We had a great turnout despite the weather. The day ended up to be only about 54 degrees outside and very breezy. Fortunately, there was no rain, but the wind was a force to be dealt with. We made the most of it though.
Elly must have known something was up though. She hardly took a morning nap and I braced myself for what that would mean. I left a very crabby baby in her aunt's care while Daddy and I headed to the park to decorate and set-up. Fortunately, by the time she arrived, she was in a semi-decent mood since she was in a new atmosphere. We had lots of food and when we did the cake, Elly was more interested in the candle than anything.
My only disappointment of the day was that Elly never had her first piece of cake. By the time that we got the cake cut and served, Elly was passed out in her grandma's arm. It was a welcome relief though because she was getting crabbier and crabbier by the second. Grandma held her fo her entire nap, so Mommy got a chance to catch up with friends, while Daddy headed to the basketball court to play with the guys. :)
After the party, we headed back home to open gifts and hang out. Overall, it was a perfect day. Despite the weather.
Elly had her 1 year check-up at the doctor this week. She is slowly slipping down the charts. Sometimes I honestly have to wonder if the doctor's scale is broken though. She sure seems heavy to me. :)
Elly had her 1 year check-up at the doctor this week. She is slowly slipping down the charts. Sometimes I honestly have to wonder if the doctor's scale is broken though. She sure seems heavy to me. :)
But at 21 pounds 2 ounces and 29 inches long, Elly is now considered "average" in height and weight. I can tell too. I really thought at this point she would be much like Aidan, whom I was buying 24 month clothes for at age 1. But Elly is just going into 18 month sizes, and they are still running big on her. I guess it's a good thing. I never have people question me about her age like they did with Aidan. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment