Friday, May 9, 2008

My arrival into the world

After making my parents wait an extra 4 days for my arrival, I finally decided to make my fashionably late entrance on May 6, 2008 at 8:06pm.

My mom was supposed to be induced in the morning, but it was a busy day at the hospital, so they told her to call the next day. I decided I was still ready for the 6th to be my birthday, so my mom started feeling regular contractions around 12:30pm.

By 3pm, my mom knew it was time to go to the hospital. Thankfully she listened to her instincts because on the way to the hospital her water broke in the car. It was a LONG drive to the hospital and Daddy was very nervous.

We got there and got settled into the room only to find that the doctor said it may still be awhile. I just wasn't quite ready to make my grand entrance.

Finally after the doctor decided to give my mom some inducement medicine, I decided in only an hour that it was time to arrive to the party. I came into the world very quickly and very quietly and after the nurses messed around me for awhile, I made my entrance known to the relief of my parents. The nurse said I must have felt like someone pushed the eject button inside my home for the last 9 months.

I weighed 8lbs. 14 oz. and was 19 1/2 inches long. I have beautiful black hair and long fingers and toes. Everyone says I'm probably going to have big feet like my daddy. Everyone thinks I'm pretty special.

No comments:


So thoughtful

Look at my big hands :)

How cute are we??

Showing the love on Mother's Day

There's that camera again...

Just chillin'

Me and Mommy on Mother's Day

Mommy and me

Michelle visiting me

Big brother Aidan sure loves me

Why do you always have that camera in my face?